Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tom Daley Training Routine

Many of us wonder how Tom maintains that excellent physique, well if you've been searching you are in luck! Check out the training routine that Tom follows to get him to Olympic awesomeness and looking fabulous along the way.

Get the routine after the jump!




Monday
5.30–9pm: I start with a warm-up game of "wall tennis" with my coach (playing squash with your hands), then I start weight conditioning. This involves sit-ups (three sets of 10 reps) and weights. With weight training, I can't lift over my body weight because I haven't stopped growing yet. Then I'll practise somersaults on a harnessed trampoline in the gym. This is followed by a series of dive-specific stretches and pool work on the 5m diving board.
Tuesday
5.30–8.30pm: Wall tennis warm-up, weight conditioning, then gymnastics and trampoline work to develop my take-off technique and somersaults, before doing them pool-side. Once I'm in the pool, I start work on the 5m diving board and I can either do dive repetitions at this height, or work my way up to the 10m board.
Wednesday
5.30–8.30pm: as above.
Thursday
5.30–8.30pm: again it's the same sort of session. I will vary training throughout the week by adding in dry-land sessions (improving take-off technique with a springboard and crash mats).
Friday
Start training after school from 3.15–6.45pm. I follow the same regime as above.
Saturday
Training from 9am–12noon. Afternoon off.
Sunday
Day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment